Visitors to this page

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Escape

I really don't know what in the world I was thinking when I took Jacqueline and Vivian this afternoon to take pictures with Santa Claus. I waited until after their nap, so they would be well rested. Once I got there I fed Jacqueline Chick-Fil-A and nursed Vivian.

Everything was going better than planned...we got in line, the girls were sitting in the stroller, the line started to move. Then Jacqueline wanted to get out of the stroller, Vivian was getting upset and I started to have a lot of respect for Octomom! I wanted to go home, but since it was rush hour, I thought might as well stay and endure the torture. After a VERY LONG 35 minutes, it was our turn. Jacqueline was looking at Santa from a distance a little intimidated by his fake white beard and red suit. I handed Vivian to Santa and went to get Jacqueline. I quickly put her in Santa's lap and walked away hoping the photographer would snap pictures before they would freak out.

The pictures that I bought look very much like this... Jacqueline was trying to escapeand Vivian was mesmerized.
Note to self for next year: Don't take children to take pictures with Santa by yourself (actually, don't take them at all. Save yourself the stress!)

No comments: