Visitors to this page

Monday, February 8, 2010

Carbs and Sweets

It's negative! My 1st glucose test was 1 point over the normal range and I had to take a 3 hour test to check if I had Gestational Diabetes, which it was done Friday so the entire weekend I was wondering if I was going to have to give up swees and carbs and even have to take insulin the rest of my pregnancy. This afternoon the nurse finally called saying that it was negative. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Praise God! I was so happy that I didn't have to give up my favorite food group: SWEETS!

Just in case, I ate my share of carbs and sweets during the Cancun trip, at a friend's daughter b-day party on Sat. and yesterday at at a Super Bowl get together with our Lifegroup. Now the madness is over. Time to get back to the Gym and eat in moderation.

Ever since Jacqueline started walking she is non-stop. At Jayden's birthday party(Jayden is my college friend Jenny's daughter), she was all over the place. I had to chase her the entire time. Jenny's father-in-law was so sweet to offer to hold her while I got me something to eat.



This is Jacqueline and her daughterMayla(5 months old). I miss that stage, but Baby Kuba # 2 will be here before I know it. Can't wait!

This is Jenny and she is from Hong Kong. We've known each other since my Junior year in college. She went back to H. Kong for a while. I'm so glad she moved back, but now she maybe be moving to Boone, NC (where we went to school)
This is the b-day girl! She didn't really want me to take a picture, but I snapped a quick one

2 comments:

Natan Cerqueira said...

Lovely kids!

kate's corner said...

yay patrish! that's great news! what a relief! jacqueline is walking so well!!