Visitors to this page

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getaway Weekend and Wendy's Wedding

 This is the B & B we stayed while in Charleston this past weekend (Two Meeting Street). It was amazing! My husband chose it. What a great romantic place! I LOVED everything about it. We were greeted by a lady who opened the front door and said: "We've been expecting you!". Then offered us peach iced tea, gave us a tour and some history of this gorgeous and spacious 1800's house. It was a wedding gift to the owner from her Dad. He gave her a check of 70K which now it would be equivalent to 2M!! He told her to build her dream house...and she did!
 Courtyard where we had breakfast the first morning



 Our favorite place of the house was this incredible wrap around porch. Kyle and I sat here like we owned the house (and wish we did!)
 Front entrance--the door was locked at all times. We had our key to get in the house. It felt like we lived there


 I'm in love with this orange door!
Photo taken from the the B&B porch
 Inside the house--it has 3 floors and  9 bedrooms
 At Wendy's wedding reception with our friends Kim and Evan





 This house belongs  to the Piggly Wiggly's owner---Harris Teeter watch out!

 I took pictures of the historic houses while in a carriage tour. It's always so fun to see these picturesque homes!

 We enjoyed visiting the Middleton Plantation. This is one of the gorgeous gardens in the plantation

 Great location for a picnic!






 I was not aware of the importance of this plantation in history until our tour guide told us that the son of the owner signed the declaration of the independence!
 Now we're back to our B &B...this window was a wedding gift from the owner of Tiffany! Yes, "the" Tiffany!
 Here is a view of both sides of the window

 Our room
 Before going out to dinner
 One of the reasons this B&B is so worth staying is the hospitable staff. They were very attentive

 From 4-5pm it was tea time at the B & B. They offered tea in beautiful china and homemade treats (I wish I could have their lemon pound cake recipe!)

 Dinner at Peninsula Grill




 This coconut cake was enormous. Here you see just 1/3 of it!

After dinner we went to the top of Market Pavilion Hotel. What a great view!
 View of the city

This picture of Jesus was hang in the foyer of the B & B. If you look from far, it looks like Jesus has his eyes closed and if you look from close up, he has his eyes open.
 Breakfast in our favorite porch...time to head home! We have tiny little people to see and give hugs and kisses!!

I could get use to this....

5 comments:

andrea said...

I love that hotel! And this post makes me want to go back to Charleston now!

Great pictures of you guys!

andrea said...

I love that hotel! And this post makes me want to go back to Charleston now!

Great pictures of you guys!

kate's corner said...

patrish! what a great post! love all the detail shots. looks like a perfect b&b. appreciate the food shots too of course ;) hey to kim! yall both look fab!

Angie E said...

Want to go to that hotel with my hubby!!! Maybe I could surprise him...? Love keeping up with you all!

benilhalk said...

This is such a beautiful place. I have saved it and will also share it with my friends. I wish I find one of the Chicago venues like this because I am getting married by the end of this year and I really want that place to look gorgeous like this.