Visitors to this page

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Frontyard Photoshoot and Flat Spot

Funny face
Joyful face


Smiley face



Vivian just learned how to sit up last week. I'm so glad because now I don't have to obsess about the flat spot in her head. Few weeks ago, I took her to Cranial Technologies (the company that makes head bands to fix flat spots) for an evaluation. They said she was a moderate case, but her pediatrician said there is nothing wrong w/ her head. So, as of now, Kyle and I decided not to do anything about it and trust our pediatrician. For the past 6 weeks, I've being a "tummy-time nazi"! Vivian is never laying down, unless she is asleep. Even when I put her in the car seat, I make sure her head is not pressing against the flat spot. I've "retired" her bouncy seat and swing. I can def. notice an improvement to her head shape and we will revisit the possibility of a band in about a month or so. I've seen babies w/ head WAY flatter than Vivian's and they are toddlers now and their heads look fine. So, I think she fine will be too.













1 comment:

Caroline said...

Seriously....SUCH a cutie!!! (We had a crib toy in Jack's crib that was on one side of the crib, so we'd switch it to the other end--and therefore switch which end his head faced--so that he wouldn't get a flat spot while looking at the crib toy! If that makes any sense at all!)