Visitors to this page

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Waiting Game

Patience is a virtue. If you know me well, you know that's not one of my qualities. It has being really hard to wait for BK2 to show up. I'm tired of hearing complete strangers looking at my belly and saying: "You're about to pop!". But in reality, they are right! I'm about to POP.
I had my 38 weeks appt this morning (Monday, April 12). I'm 1 1/2 cm dilated and 75% effaced (last week I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced). So, I'm progressing, but it means ABSOLUTELY nothing at all to me since with my 1st pregnancy I was 1 cm dilated all the way to 38 1/2 weeks and my water broke. It's a waiting game.

Yesterday at church, the preacher was talking about how God knows us even before we are ever born ("The Lord called me before my birth. From within the womb, He called me by my name..." Isaiah 49:1). How amazing is to know that God already knows Baby Kuba #2 by name! I don't even know her, but He already knows who she is and have plans for her! My prayer is that she will never know I day in her life when she doesn't know the Lord.
I haven't posted any frontal belly shoots, so here is finally one. It looks like a swallowed a gigantic basketball. Check it out my crocked "linea negra". I had it with Jacqueline and is definitely back with BK2.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Looking great still!! (I had a crooked linea negra with Jack too...that I'm sure will return with this one!) Hope she comes soon!! (Loved hearing what your preacher talked about!..so amazing! And to think God knows exactly when she'll come too :))

kate's corner said...

you look amazing !! thinking about you these last weeks!!

Kimberly said...

You look great!! Hoping Baby K arrives soon (or maybe is already here?!)!!