Visitors to this page

Thursday, April 26, 2012

the days are long, but the years are short

Two years ago, I was holding her for the first time. I  was gazing into her eyes and smelling the scent that only newborns have. I was so in love as I held her for the first time. These 2 little feet are still small, but everyday, without me noticing, they are growing. I love tiny little feet. I love this time of my life. By far, the best years of my life. I wish I could freese time and have her be this tiny for a long time


She has the most delicious chubby cheeks ever! I can park my mouth on them and kiss her all day long. One day her face will thin out and she will won't look like a baby anymore


She is discovering the world.  She looks at everything with so much wonder. Life is fascinating even when she is at her own backyard. 





I will even miss the tantrums (no, not really). Well, maybe just a little. Sometimes I step back and take all in. This time goes by like a blink of an eye. As my neigboor says: "The days are long, but the years are short".  So true.

No comments: