Visitors to this page

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lie and Humility

 She lied. I smelled a suspicious scent and asked her: "Did you poop?" And with a very guilty face she answered: "NO!" I found the evidence and realized that my girl had lied to me for the very first time. This will prob be the first and last time she will ever do this, right??!!!! 

Lately she has said so many funny things that if I don't start writing in the blog, I'll sure forget them. If there is one way God keeps us humble is by blessing us with children. The other day I had just woken up and haven't even brush my teeth yet, had a bad cold and my mouth piece was still in my mouth. I went to get her out of her crib and started a conversation with while holding her and speaking very closely to her. She looked at me and said: "Coco, phew"! (Coco it's poop in Portuguese). I was horrified, but thought it was hilarious. Kids have no filter. I better start brushing my teeth, so I don't hear that again!!

On Friday, a lady rear ended me and she said: "It's ok, Mommy, Car broken. Car get fix". How sweet is that?

Every day she says new words and is now even saying complete sentences! (like this morning: "I'm not sleepy. I want out!" (meaning out of the crib--I was watching her throught the bathroom door, but she couldn't see me). I love that she can communicate both in English and Portuguese. She talks to me in Portuguese and speaks to Kyle in English. I'm so excited that all my hard work is starting to pay off. I really hope both our girls will grow up to be fully bilingual.

No comments: