Visitors to this page

Monday, February 14, 2011

L-O-V-E is in the air...

Yesterday was Valentine's day. My girls and I started the day eating my mom's cup cakes.



I ate Vivian's since she can't eat cup cakes yet!!


Then we headed to one of our fav places for lunch--Chick Filet. Jacqueline loves ketchup way more than chicken nuggets!

She had so much playing in the slide
Happy 1st Valentine's Day, Sweet Baby Girl!

My sweet husband surprised me w/ flowers. They are beautiful! But even more beautiful is the love we share. We didn't do anything fancy last night. We decided to order take out (from Macaroni Grill) and watched The Bachelor. Every day life with Kyle makes me happy. The simplicity of the little things makes me happy. We don't need to go anywhere to have fun. We enjoy been together. It doesn't matter where or what we are doing. We just enjoy each other's company and living every day life. The days are not long. Time goes by fast when each moment is treasured. Time evaporates, but the sweet taste of happiness lingers.
I met a old couple at Chick Filet yesterday. He was tall and his wife was short and petite. My mind forwarded several decades and I saw myself with Kyle. Hope God allows both of us to live that long. One day I will be old, wrinkly with gray hair along side with my Sweetness sitting in silence eating lunch on Valentine's day. No words will be needed when loving eyes are gazing and reminiscing a lifetime of memories that have been shared. When this couple left, I looked at one of the workers at C. Filet and said how sweet they were. She shared with me that her husband always gave her a cards on Vday and bdays. She received a bday card from him 5 days after he died and she still keeps that card. I thought it was one of the sweetest love stories I ever heard! Her husband was sick in the hospital, but still made sure he got her a card and gift for her 60th bday (One of his friends delivered the card on her bday). I hope the old couple at Chick Filet have shared a wonderful life and love like Kyle and I have in these past few years.
ps: Sweetness, you are loved... Forever!!!

No comments: