Visitors to this page

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

VBAC or Not...That is The Question!

Today I had an ultrasound to find out the size of Baby Creature. This is one of the deciding factors in my attempt to try VBAC. I'm 35 weeks and 2 days and she weighs 6.6 lbs--which is about 1 lb more than an average baby. Jacqueline at this stage was 7.4!! Dr. Fletcher says it's good news and she was surprised this baby is smaller than J since babies get larger w/ subsequent pregnancies. Baby Creature is head done (no wonder I've been taking more frequent trips to the bathroom!) and everything else (heart beat, amniotic fluid, etc) looks great! The OB thinks that I will deliver this baby before the due date, which for me, it's music to my ears since the sooner she comes, the less she will weigh! Also, I'm ready to NOT be pregnant. Carrying a baby in the womb and a toddler in my arms has taken a toll in back. I've had lots of back pain and I'm EXHAUSTED beyond a could imagine possible. I talked to my former cleaning lady and I re-hired her. I just don't have energy to clean the house anymore. She is coming on Monday. It will be the best $55 I will ever spent!



This is Jacqueline's new favorite spot in the house. She loves playing, watching cartoons and "reading" her books in this little corner. So cute! It's nice that the toys stay in the stairs instead of all over the den!
Today Kyle got home a bit early and we had some time to play with her after dinner. He was blowing in her belly and she was laughing out loud. She was having a great time.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Great pictures!! I know you are SO ready to have this baby!! I've been SO exhausted myself, and I'm only in the first trimester! ...With Jack being 35 lbs, I'm not sure how I'm going to carry him when I have a big belly!!

simone sugg said...

Pety, sometimes we have to pay a high price to be beautiful, like a back pain by the end of a pregnancy. VBAC will be, this is my prayer for you!