Visitors to this page

Friday, January 15, 2010

Where is God?

Where is God in the midst of great suffering and pain? You may ask yourself as you see horrific images of Haiti's earthquake aftermath. It's heartbreaking and we may stop complaining of the minor little annoyances of our pampered lives here in the U.S. for a week or so. Last night as I was watching the news, my heart was hurting as I saw the devastation and people in imaginable anguish. I wanted to jump into the TV screen and be there to help. I was moved as I saw people who were singing with their hands up in the air praising God. People who had lost loved ones, had lost everything they owned, had no reason to have hope, but they have God. It was humbling to see those images and I started wiping. I will never forget those images. God was being glorified by people who have all the reasons to turn against Him. What a great witness of faith to the world, what a great witness of faith to me. So, where is God? "I am in the cross suffering with you. Through my resurrection you have the power to do something about the world's pain". Be my feet and hands to this hurting world". Romans 8:21-25

1 comment:

Sarinha! said...

Concordo plenamente. Também fiquei emocionada quando vi essa cena.
A gente reclama por tanta besteira, aí realmente passa por algo devastador e, mesmo assim, glorifica a Deus.
Que lição!