Visitors to this page

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Free Lunch

Jacqueline and I had lunch with Kyle on Thursday. We met him at his office (we were surrounded by his co-workers all wanting to see "Mini-Kyle") then we headed to Bentley's for a nice lunch. For those who don't remember or don't know, Bentley's is the place where we had our wedding reception. Above is the view from the booth where we sat. Bentley's is on the 27th floor of a building uptown and has a magnificient panoramic skyline of Charlotte.
Kyle is posing and our daugher is completely unware that I'm trying to get her to look at the camera
I finally got her attention after she got tired of staring at the yellow cushion of my seat
Almost to pretty to eat, this was my luscious meal. As shocking as this may sounds, this art piece was only $12!!! I can go to a "hole in the wall" restaurant, receive poor service and get something I can cook home for the same price. I enjoyed my meal (along with 2 warm ciabbatta rolls) and for our surprised the owner didn't charge us. I wish he was feeling this generous when he gave us our wedding reception bill! Anyway, it was very nice of him to not charge us, specially to find out on the way out that business is kind of slow. So if you are from Charlotte, consider going to Bentley's for a delicious lunch with beautiful view and excellent service.

PS: I wish I had ordered dessert!

1 comment:

kate's corner said...

cool food pic. yum!!