Visitors to this page

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

The night before Thanksgiving I had a nightmare. I dreamt that Kyle and I missed Thanksgiving Dinner! What an awful nightmare for someone(me) that could eat Thanksgiving food once a week! I LOVE Thanksgiving food and I just don't know how I survived the 1st 15 years of my life without it! Since this is an American Holiday, we(Brazilians) don't get to experience this feast once a year. But enought of eating, food and gluttony! It's really a day to be thankful for all of our blessings. Even if life doesn't really seem to be "fair" or things are just not going exacly the way we have planned or imagined, we can always find a reason to be thankful for something. In my case this year, I just feel incredibly blessed. God has giving me so many reasons to feel thankful. I'm married to an amaging man who I feel fortunate to wake up next to every day. I have a healthy daughter who I adore and has being a joy in my life for the past (almost) 1 year. For carrying a tiny little creature in my womb who I yet don't know, but I already love before I even had a chance to lay my eyes on him or her! Of course, I also feel thankful for my family and friends who are a big part of my life.
I'm also thankful for those not so perfect days. Those are the days that God is working on me and making me more like His son Jesus. Those are the days that make me stop and think about the real reason why we are in the this world. That all the tears, disappointments, selfisheness, pride, heartaches are all temporary in this place we can home. Our real HOME is perfect! Right now God is prepraing me for eternity. He is using me for His purpose. He is loving me through the bad days and carrying me when I can't stand on my own. Those days that bring me to my knees, are the days to be thankful for. Those are the days He is reminding me what grace is all about. Those are the days that make the "good" days really meaningful. Those are the days, I feel more loved by Him because I know He is there embracing every inch of my imperfect self. Those are the days I don't have to be or pretend anything because He accepts me as I am--a sinner. Those are the days I know I am His daughter and nothing will ever change that. The days I feel that "I can't", but He is there to lift me up and give me hope. Those are the days I am most thankful for!

"Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)






Vovo and Jacqueline

Daddy kissing his baby girl, but he didn't take his eyes away from football!

The bird--Guest of Honor

Chef Simone


Jacqueline, I'm thankful for you!

Jacqueline getting excited for her 1st taste of Thankgiving food

Jacqueline's 1st Thankgiving meal (before)

And after

How did she manage to get turkey in her tights?



1 comment:

kate's corner said...

yum! good job jacqueline!