Visitors to this page

Friday, October 16, 2009

Jacqueline is 10 Months

I gave her a book to entertain her while I was taking her picture
It just didn't work for long!
So, these pictures were the best ones I could take...
...before she tried to climb out of the chair!


Today my baby is 10 months old. I weighted her this morning and she is 18 1/2 lbs. So she has gained about 2 lbs, but not as much as I was hoping for. We have another appt on Wed. to check her weight next Wed. I'm still feeding her everything with butter, but she hasn't had much of an appetite. Yesterday she refused to eat lunch. The one thins that she loves is baby cereal, so I've being giving her that w/ tons of butter. She also loves avocatos. She eats better when we're in a restaurant (Like her parents, she LOVES eating out!) than when we are at home. I think she likes all the action and that keeps her entertained. One thing that we've doing to her every meal is to "trick" her. When she shuts her mouth and just doens't want eat another bite, we hold a puff (puffs are these little things that have a shape of a star and is the size of a cherrio and melts in your mouth). She loves those and I add some cream cheese to it. So, we hold that close to her mouth and instead of feeding the puff, we shove a spoon full of whatever food she suppose to be eating. It usually works with a few bites, but she eventually realizes she is been tricked. Well, as long as I can get a few spoon fulls of food into her mouth, it's worth it.



2 comments:

kate's corner said...

those pictures are great. she's looking more and more like her daddy i must say! good tricks with the food! love the outfit!

Patricia said...

I know...maybe Baby Kuba # 2 will look a little like me! Her outfit came from the Harris Y consignment sale. I LOVE paying $5 for our clothes!