Visitors to this page

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Early Christmas Gift

This "lovely" picture of me was one year ago (Dec 16) when I was int he hospital waiting for my sweet baby girl to arrive into the world! Jacqueline was due on December 25, but she was born 9 days early. We were delighted that our Christmas gift arrived early! All started around 12:10am when I got up to take one of my many nightly trips to the bathroom. As I approached the toilet, I felt a gush of water coming down my legs. I stopped for a split of a second and continued to walk... by the time I got to the toilet, my pajama pants were completely soaked. I screamed from the bathroom: "Sweetness, I think my water broke!". Kyle is a deep sleeper, but he jumped out and said: "Yes, it did!". He called the doctor and after a LONG 15 minutes of Kyle trying to convince him that I DID NOT peed on myself, he told us to go to the hospital. Kyle was more nervous than I was and even missed the turned to the hospital! Shortly after getting to the hospital, I started having contractions. After 18 hours of labor, 2 epidurals (which didn't fully work!). Dr. Fletcher told us that c-section was the way to go since I only got to 9 cm and the baby's heart beat was high and we both had fever.
AT 6:27pm that evening, our baby girl was born! She was 21 inches and 8.8 lbs, healthy and perfect!
Chilling in Mommy's arms just a few days old

Now one year later... she is one!

Jacqueline, Happy Birthday! You have being a continuous reason of joy for you Daddy and I. We were so happy when you born and have had a wonderful year seeing you grow! We look forward to celebrating many birthdays with you and to watch you grow from a baby to a woman. We love you very much and couldn't feel more blessed for being your parents.

No comments: