Visitors to this page

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm someone's MOTHER!

For the last 34 years, Mother's Day was always about celebrating my mom (which still is), but this year, I had the honor of been celebrated too. I never imagined how amazing motherhood would be. I've always knew I longed to be a mother one day. However, was not until I actually became one, that I came to realize that it's a kind of love that is indescribable. It's a love that takes over you and all the sudden you are secondary. And, that's pretty difficult task to accomplish since we (human-beings) are so self-centered. Once I became a mother, I've realized how selfish I am. All these years, it's been all about me. Now, I can't take a shower when I want to, eat or watch TV when I please. There is a little tiny person with deep blue eyes that depend on me for everything. I am her sole source of food. I can distinguish her cry in a room full of babies. I can watch with contentment her play with her tiny hands and feet as if I'm watching one of my favorite movies. Once I became a mother, I started to understand better how God love for us. God loves us unconditionally. He always forgives. He wants a deep relationship with us. He pursue us. He disciple us. He loves us no matter. "Thank you , Lord, for allowing me to be a mother! Now I understand a bit more about your love for me. It's an amazing love!"
Three generations
Jacqueline, you're the fruit of my womb, the joy of my life!

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

well said. love the pics of the mamas!

Anonymous said...

such a sweet post patricia.